How can i connect a pump to the incoming water mains?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have 2 x 300ltr Accumulators that are virtually brand new. My water pressure on a house I have brought is low, so I wanted to use the accumulators, but pump them up to a 4 bar pressure, can I put the pump on the mains, via a non return valve?

Sponsored Links
Generally speaking you are not allowed to pump more than 12 litres/minute from the mains. Two ways round are:

1. To get a new mains connection laid on. This could give you better flow, but isn't like to do much to increase existing pressure.
2. Install a break tank. The mains fills the tank, then you can pump from the tank.

Hi

Could I use one of the accumulators as a break tank? and then pump it from the exit of the tank?, as I do not think I would need 300ltr of 4 bar pressured water?

Sponsored Links
Just use a mainsboost pump. These are wras compliant with a max of 12lt/min pumping ability. if flow is greater than 12lt then unit doesn't pump. But when the flow slows down it will then pump and boost pressure by around 1bar

We use a Salamander Homeboost, as said above it pumps 12l per minute and made a massive difference to our water supply (whole street is the same).

It fits after the stop tap on main water supply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back