How can I correct this door frame?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A joiner made a mess of this door frame, the door is a bit diagonal. Is there anything I can to save these without putting new door frames in?

IMG_9486.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9487.jpeg
    IMG_9487.jpeg
    144.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_9488.jpeg
    IMG_9488.jpeg
    196 KB · Views: 39
Sponsored Links
Are you sure the door lining is in diagonal and it’s not the walls?

What do you mean by diagonal: twisted or out of square

Are you sure the door lining is in diagonal and it’s not the walls?

What do you mean by diagonal: twisted or out of square
Wish I had a pic with the door on. Basically part of the door sits higher up on the left and then is a bigger gap on the right side.

Sponsored Links
if thats a door lining say 32mm close up then that hinge pocket would be 8mm and the door stop perhaps 12mm by measuring from the picture so not at all sure what i am looking at as a hinge pocket should be around 2mm perhaps 3mm for the leaf thickness
if thats not a hinge pocket need to know its size and other timber actual size to work out the answer??

Wish I had a pic with the door on. Basically part of the door sits higher up on the left and then is a bigger gap on the right side.
It'd take 2 minutes to put it back on with a couple of screws

Is the door frame not square? When you stand looking at the door you can see that the gaps around the door start small in one corner and get bigger towards another corner?

If you don't want to re hang the door, sketch what it looked like and upload that. We need to know whether the frame needs squaring or the door needs rotating

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back