How can i fix this plasterboard hole?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My elder brother before he had my old room punch his fist through into a cavity wall. And we're not sure how to fix it, i've supplied a picture to help.
Click to Enlarge

Sponsored Links
I would put some filler into that hole and then replaster that patch to even it out. But i'm sure some of the more experienced people on here will be able to help you.

OR cut it into a nice square hole, take some timber and screw to the back of the hole, maybe 2 pieces, vertically by screwing through the front of the board into the wood behind, that then give you something to screw a NEW piece of board onto, skim it or use easifill and sand it down, VIOLA!

Sponsored Links
I would use a product called easifill for plastering over the hole , very forgiving product if you mess it a little you can sand it down flat and tweak it to look as good as new.

I would cut a piece of spare plasterboard slightly bigger than the hole you have, drill a hole in the middle and feed a piece of string thru. Around the edges, put a bead of glue, the type that says you don't need nails anymore, feed it into the hole and pull onto the back with the string. Once dried, you then have a sound base to either plaster over, or build up a few layers of filler.

Exactly as above, dont fill it because it will just fall into the cavity as soon as it gets a knock it needs something behind it ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back