How can I reset the burglar alarm code?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a house in 2014 and the previous owner did not know the code so I have never used it. However, my research is telling me that I should be able to reset the code. I am trying to find some documentation explaining how to do this (hopefully some user documentation exists).

The following is printed on the alarm box attached to the brickwork: Anglia Security 01522 522055. The telephone number no longer exists and did not five years ago when I first checked. I have Googled Anglia Security, which returns Anglia Security and Fire Ltd (not sure this is the same company).

I have opened the box where the code to disarm the alarm is entered and it contains this code: 5STEUKPFS PR5208 Rev1.1. I then open the box, which contains the battery and it has the following codes:

EN50131-1 PD6662
G2x EC2
5STEN05
PR5740 Rev 1.0
Product Code: GTEW002G2

I am a little confused by all of this. My Googling has led me to Eurosec, however the trail stops there. Who manufactures this alarm? Is there any documentation and most importantly: how can I reset the burglar alarm code? Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a eurosec cpl8 ...BUT ...Without posting a picture of the pcb it’s guesswork , resetting the cpl8 has been covered on here loads of times , it could be engineer locked so it may need a pcb swop ..have you tried 5678 ?

@sparkymarka, please see a photo attached. I thought I would add it in case the exact model number can be identified from it.

could you confirm what you mean by a PCB swop?

I have not tried any code yet. The battery has recently gone flat and the alarm is a bit temperamental at the moment because of this. The new battery arrives later this week so I will test then.

I have found this question: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/cant-reset-eurosec-cp8l.458584/ and this documentation: http://www.autoguardalarms.co.uk/wp.../01/gardtec-eurosec-CP8L-LCD-engineer-man.pdf. I guess I will have to find an engineer. It would be great if you could confirm the model by looking at the PCB.

Attachments

• 20191110_151602.jpg
    20191110_151602.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 346
Sponsored Links
@sparkymarka, With regards to step 4 of: 'Resetting to factory defaults'; I assume that 'No' means number and is a superfluous word? i.e. there is no action required for this word? i.e. all that is required for step 4 is to enter: 1 then 4 then 7 and that is it? I just want to be clear. I cannot try this until the new battery arrives. Thanks again.

No will be the X key depending on the age of the system ....no need for the battery at this stage ...it may need two people depending on the location of the keypad to the end station

@sparkymarka, there is an X on the keypad. Therefore I will try: 1, then 4, then 7, then X tomorrow (to avoid the risk of disturbing my neighbours at night).

Why would two people be needed? I assume this is because there is a time limit between shutting off the power and entering the 1,4,7,X code. Is that right? Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back