How can I tidy this up?

Pigtail the 500mm, i.e - just put a coil in the flexi if it's too long. It's a hell of a position to have the cold feed for the toilet tho, even if you put a left bend on that, then 100mm of clipped pipe going left along level with the top of the skirting, until its more under the cistern

Sponsored Links
It is still an eyesore.

What decorator feels responsible for putting right dodgy plumbing ? Remember that if something leaks and causes damage, the punter will be chasing YOU.
Does your decorators insurance cover you for plumbing disasters?

The "punter" is a mate and I'm helping them out. You say it's still an eyesore without offering a better solution. I live in a new build and mine isn't much better. What would you do differently?

Pigtail the 500mm, i.e - just put a coil in the flexi if it's too long. It's a hell of a position to have the cold feed for the toilet tho, even if you put a left bend on that, then 100mm of clipped pipe going left along level with the top of the skirting, until its more under the cistern

The panel to the right is just a we 'under the basin unit' if that makes any difference for the positioning of the cold feed? I'll check out your other suggestions too for my own piece of mind. Cheers for that Rob ;)

EDIT - Actually I see what ya mean about the positioning of the cold water feed now in relation to the cistern. It's an old house with old plumbing and the original toilet that was in it was one of those jobs that had the cistern separate from pan with the cold water feed running straight up into it from the floor.

Last edited:
This is what you need to do if it needs to look a vee bit tidy, get rid of that towel, and replumb the pipe from another spot under the pan tank.
IMG_0239.jpg

Sponsored Links
This is what you need to do if it needs to look a vee bit tidy, get rid of that towel, and replumb the pipe from another spot under the pan tank.
View attachment 113107

LOL I hear ya, but outside of lifting the floor to gain access to the pipes I am looking the next best option. I think I will add a female coupler to the cistern connector to add around 50mm or so to the span of the flexi. IMO it's the best option for appearances purposes. If the floor gets lifted at some point then repositioning of the inlet would be an option.

Water off
elbow at floor level, straight with 90 degree bend at the loo end new short flexi pipe with isolator and then ad some batons behind skirting to box in the pipe run. But if it was me I'd have the floor up to do it right.

If you are doing decorating then the longer flexi with a loop hidden under the cistern would seem to be the simple and easy solution which might look somewhat reasonable..

Tony

Yeah ours looks exactly the same although doesn'tt leak. A real mess, but I'm going to sort it out soon when I run independent pipes to the shower. My plan is also to run it from the floor behind the cistern.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back