How clean is your van?

Joined
15 Apr 2005
Messages
16,515
Reaction score
265
Location
Yorkshire
Country
United Kingdom
Had the plasterers in today. Parked across the driveway, the prat. Needed to get my car out, so offered to move his van, he was up on his scaffold boards skimming the ceiling. Opened the door, to be greeted by everything covered in plaster dust. And i mean everything. Seats, floor, dashboard, even the dials were barely visible on the dash. Of course, I had to sit on that filthy seat in my work uniform and operate all the controls, just to reverse it 5 metres. :evil:

I know this site is frequented by tradesmen, so how clean is your van? ;)
 
Sponsored Links
crafty1289 said:
I know this site is frequented by tradesmen, so how clean is your van? ;)

I think you should re-word your question because if you're asking "tradesmen" their vans will be very tidy, and normally clean. ;)

When I was an apprentice it was my job to make sure the van stayed clean & tidy or there was hell to pay. :evil:

They sound like a bunch of jokers
 
The front of my van stays tidy, albeit a bit dusty

The back on the other hand looks like a bomb went off in it.

My apprentice seems convinced that everything should be piled just inside the doors, leaving the rest of the van virtually empty :evil:
 
Sponsored Links
mine gets washed once a week. Its got my logo, company name etc all over it. Presentation is everything.

When I was an apprentice it was my job to make sure the van stayed clean & tidy or there was hell to pay.

As for the back its my apprentices job to do exactly the same. Its his last job to make sure its all clean and tidy and everything stored away on a friday afternoon. So if he keeps it tidy during the week he gets a flyer on a friday afternoon. Funny how it keeps it tidy!
 
I’ll stick up for the Prat - I’ve never seen a Plasterers van clean only seen them the way described by crafty1289. I’ve cleaned out the front of a Plasterers van it’s a totally waste of time.
 
Thermo said:
mine gets washed once a week. Its got my logo, company name etc all over it. Presentation is everything.
Hear hear! Our van is our 'mobile' billboard and it's not just the outside that counts. (Add the fact to it that hubby is a better 's p i c-and-span' person than me you can guess how our van is treated)
 
FTrooper said:
"New tools? Never been used?" springs to mind.
I don't mind what springs to your mind. What always springs into our and our prospects/customers mind is= clean van = clean and caring company!
 
When i see vans on site that are spotless inside and out they just remind me of the suits that walk round site in their brand new high vis jackets, brand new toe tectors, brand new gloves, and brand new hard hats. Just for show.

Just my opinion, but i prefer to see a bit of organised mess!
 
WoodYouLike said:
FTrooper said:
"New tools? Never been used?" springs to mind.
I don't mind what springs to your mind. What always springs into our and our prospects/customers mind is= clean van = clean and caring company!
just my opinion when i see pristine tools, Are you sure that your customers think the way you think they do? ;)
 
FTrooper said:
just my opinion when i see pristine tools, Are you sure that your customers think the way you think they do? ;)
Pretty sure, how many testimonials relating to this do you want to see?
 
Maxxy said:
Just my opinion, but i prefer to see a bit of organised mess!
That's fine maxxy, but think: where does the 'organised' bit stops and the real mess starts?
 
WoodYouLike said:
FTrooper said:
just my opinion when i see pristine tools, Are you sure that your customers think the way you think they do? ;)
Pretty sure, how many testimonials relating to this do you want to see?
if you sell produce then yes cleanliness is paramount but a construction worker?
 
WoodYouLike said:
Maxxy said:
Just my opinion, but i prefer to see a bit of organised mess!
That's fine maxxy, but think: where does the 'organised' bit stops and the real mess starts?

Bit like my bedroom. Mum thinks its a tip, but i know exactly where everything is lol.
 
Sponsored Links

Similar threads

Replies
1
Views
910
Deleted member 294929
D
Back
Top