How do I adjust hinge on composite door n French door PLEASE

L

lomond82

I have two issues I would like to solve myself.

Firstly my composite back door isn't sitting flush with the frame at the bottom and I feel it needs pushed towards the frame to sit flush and stop the draught and the wet and dirt accessing the bottom (very open to the elements) the door is inward opening and the problem area is under the weather bar where the door should sit tight to the frame. This is the hinge but I have no idea now to adjust it as my first attempt resulted in the door not closing so I will ask you guys with the know how before I totally make it worse.
View media item 74903 View media item 74904 View media item 74905
My next hinge query relates to my French door. I have narrowed down the noise I am hearing on opening or shutting the door to the metal shoot bolt slightly scraping the inside of the keeper or plate (not sure of its technical name but the metal block on the frame the slip bolt goes into). It's only just catching it as I put electrical tape over the area, shut the door and the noise stopped, however the tape had a scrape/hole on it where the slip bolt had scraped against it. How can I move this door inward say 1mm (door opens outward) so it will sit in the metal plate without scraping down it. this is what the hinge looks like. there are 3 in total, top middle and bottom.

View media item 74907
Any help would be appreciated, but basic and simple terms and descriptions please as I am always willing to try and fix things but don't always have the technical terms or names. :oops:

Anyone recognise the hinges.....

Sponsored Links
Im not familiar with you comp door hinge but it could be worth a play with the 2 visible Allen key heads. Just give them a turn and watch for which way the door moves also count how many turns you do so it can be put back to where it was.

As for the PVC door Im not quite sure which way you are trying to move it.
The bolt in you pic moves the door left and right, There should also be a bolt under the hinge that will most likely move the door up and down and possibly also in and out (tighter and loser to the frame).

re the composite door:
i have final tracked last night a spec sheet ln this hinge. the two visible Allen keys when loosen you can move up and down if all releases and the third hole in middle give you a guide and also releasing these gives you a plus or minus 4mm so pull tighter to the frame. now just need to try it out but as you say keep a note of how many turns i am moving it.

and my other door:

my doors open outward but i feel it needs to come in a mm to stop catching on the plate in otherwords tighter to the frame. unfortunately as you say these move the door left and right but not in and out and i just can't for the life of me see any other bolts.

thank you for taking the time to answer i really appreciate it. i shall at the weekend have a go at the composite door.

cheers

Have a look under the hinge where it attaches to the frame, There should be a cap that covers another bolt

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back