How do I cover my stairs with wood / laminate?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are building a huge extension and my builder has built and installed my stairs, however I would like to know how to go about making them wooden rather than carpeting?

Sponsored Links
clairek said:
We are building a huge extension and my builder has built and installed my stairs, however I would like to know how to go about making them wooden rather than carpeting?

is that wise?

all laminate i have seen is slipery, in morning only socks on feet, get to bottom of stairs in record time (and free ride in ambulance)

But hard stairs have the added advantage of annoying the family and neighbours when people clatter noisily up and down them at all hours of the day and night.

Sponsored Links
We've solved the problem of bare stair steps and noise with half moon shaped 'seegrass' self-adhesive 'carpet tiles', shows the painted pine around the tiles, looks nice and low in noice.

0332106_00.jpg

Haven't seen them over here though.

Hi

There's no link to furnishings on their website, can you get the exact link pasted please?

Cheers for that: those are the ones. Will keep the link for future (customer) reference.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back