1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I fit my washing machine outlet hose properly?

Discussion in 'Appliances' started by Arbu, 16 Oct 2021.

1. Arbu

Arbu

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I can't get the outlet hose of my new washing machine onto the spigot (if that's the right word) properly. It stays in place but is very easy to pull off. If it falls off without me noticing then my neighbour's flat gets flooded. How do I fix it on better?

I tried heating the hose end up with a hairdryer to make it more flexible, but it didn't help.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. ETAF

ETAF

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Not a plumber , so you may get better responses , But when i installed a dishwasher onto a multioutlet drain from the sink, I had similar issue and I used I used a jubilee clip , i think i got a pack of different sizes from screwfix for a few quid, cant remember fro sure, but i think i may have also used some PTFE tape

Wow- just looked up screwfix, & toolstation quite expensive for a set now, may want to work out the diameter and just get the size you need.
    I think i only got about 20 in the kit for a fiver
    maybe amazon, never used , so check out any reviews
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/PIECE-GARD...ocphy=1007000&hvtargid=pla-660930082955&psc=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CTLR...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Last edited: 16 Oct 2021
  4. Mottie

Mottie

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    As said, a jubilee clip will be fine but I’d have that hose coming into that connection from the top though.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Arbu

Arbu

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    So are you saying that I should be able to rotate the end of the connection then?

6. Mottie

Mottie

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yeah. Just loosen that grey knurled ring, twist it to the position you want and then tighten it.

7. Arbu

Arbu

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Looking good, although the grey ring has split. I don't know if it's easy to find a replacement.

8. jj4091

jj4091

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  9. Sponsored Links