How do I join 2 floors of the same level?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just finished laying a solid oak floor in the dining area of my Kitchen / Diner.

I need to find a way to join this new floor to the existing tiled floor in the kitchen area. This threshold also includes the 15mm expansion gap which also needs to be covered.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
The only thing I can come up with is something like this.

p4058493_x.jpg

or This

There are other real wood T-Bar Threshold's available, but fitting against a line of tiles without showing the fixing method would be difficult. Other posters may have a solution.

Salem.

If you cant do as above, you can always get a strip of wood & glue it to one floor & let it float over the other.
You would need to ensure it was bowed down.

Instead of using the T-bar (where both floors have to be on the same height and both level - tiles sometimes are rather 'rough') you can use a so-called
End or L-bar, where the lip of the L sits on the wood and the thicker) base of it fits in the expansion gap.

Sponsored Links
The one in the example picture was from Screwfix, however it is only 0.9m long. I would contact your local flooring supplier for longer ones if these are not long enough. Here or timber ones from here

Salem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back