How do I reset a Scantronic Burglar Alarm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget what the manufacturer tells you, forget everything unless it's what Saxondale tells you, Saxondale makes it up as he goes along - but what the heck? He's in a hole and he just can't seem to stop digging. He's even trying to brag his way out now! He's in his forties but been trading for over thirty years. These nine year olds had some talent.

Joe - you really don`t get life do you, maybe you need to get off your hobby horse. Heres someone who actually does this and knows what they are doing wanted to try and help others if they dont want to follow the advice thats up to them,if you wanna dispute the advice don`t bother your not as experianced or knowledgeable as me.

take it maths isn`t one of your strong points either wheres the bragging? I`m 48 and started straight out of school - what did you do for the last 32 years of your working life?

I own a security installation company. Don't do much with it these days except yearly maintenance (more money in property). I've been installing Scantronic gear in all that time.

I once met someone in a forum who was that thick he actually thought he was intelligent! How thick is that?

Sponsored Links
I own a security installation company. Don't do much with it these days except yearly maintenance (more money in property). I've been installing Scantronic gear in all that time.

I once met someone in a forum who was that thick he actually thought he was intelligent! How thick is that?

so your advice to the guy wanting to calculate current draw is ? it isnt cause you know nothing other than what you can read in a manual, like europlex says theres nothing in this thread other than Joe wanting to argue for the amusement he gets from arguing, news for you Joe - you are the man you met in a forum, my advise (that was confirmed by others in this thread) stands, you stick to painting your student houses and reading manuals we`ll stick to getting the locked system back up and running

You are giving out erroneous information that the manufacturer says will invalidate any warranty.

You are giving the punters misinformation.

Your advice should be deleted in the interests of the forum members.

I'm sure you've got a 9100 manual somewhere - why don't you post what it says?

(he won't)

You are giving out erroneous information that the manufacturer says will invalidate any warranty.

Joe-90 is giving the punters misinformation.
And what warranty might this be you're referring to??

Sponsored Links

THE MANFS.? ceratinly not scantronic or risco

You are giving the punters misinformation.

not according to THE MANFS.

Your advice should be deleted in the interests of the forum members.

sure you`d like that, then the frankly poor advice I was reading before some real engineers joined could continue

I'm sure you've got a 9100 manual somewhere - why don't you post what it says?

just been reading some of your previous myths about the 9100 (classics some of them) but europlex posted what it says earlier so I can`t be worried to go back into the office for a second look, oh thats right I DONT NEED TO

(he won't)

er you got something right at least

Joe it`s quite simple - this is the first step to rebooting a locked 9100, the fact you can only work to the manual isn`t mine or any other members problem.

Why don't you post what the 9100 manual says? That is what the manufacturer advises.

Come on - put up or shut up.

If you damage a panel due to negligence (not following the manufacturers written instructions) - then you will invalidate the warranty.

Try putting petrol in a diesel van and see what Ford say when you want it fixed under warranty.

You are wrong - it's a simple as that.

Why don't you post what the 9100 manual says? That is what the manufacturer advises.

If you damage a panel due to negligence (not following the manufacturers written instructions) - then you will invalidate the warranty.

Try putting petrol in a diesel van and see what Ford say when you want it fixed under warranty.

Joe - theres a question waiting for you in the current drawn thread

europlex has already shown you what the manfs. recommend for this panel. I`m telling the O/P what I do daily, you want to keep sending stuff back for the manf. to repair thats your perogative ( jeez man you`ll be saying you can`t unlock engineers codes without manf. support next)

europlex has already shown you what the manfs. recommend for this panel.

I'm talking to YOU. Please post the manufactures instructions as they are totally opposite to what you are advising.

europlex has already shown you what the manfs. recommend for this panel.

I'm talking to YOU. Please post the manufactures instructions as they are totally opposite to what you are advising.

Joe, Joe, Joe did the O/P ask " whats the manfs. recommended way to initialise the system?" no he asked for advice to reboot a crashed panel - this is how it`s done, it isnt in the book it`s something learned from experiance and talk throughs with manfs. tech support - you can bang on all week about the manual says and the warranty fails, it`s irrelevant like you

So you've finally admitted that you are wrong then? About time too.

So you've finally admitted that you are wrong then? About time too.

where did I admit been wrong? ALL PANELS NEEDS POWERING UP MAINS FIRST so far any of the panels mentioned by name have all said MAINS FIRST, as you dont know (cause your not a real alarm firm anymore) all panels HAVE TO BE MAINS FIRST now - so taking your argument ( and you really are just arguing to make a lot of noise for yourself) to its logical conclusion unless the manfs. have redisigned every panel they sell, no one is selling panels with warranties anymore.

you dont know what you are talking about - some of us do

What are you blathering about? Do you have a manual or not? Apparently not so I'll spare your blushes, It says (and this is a direct quote):

<From 9100 manual>

"Note: If at any time the system is powered down completely,(ieMains and Battery off) you must perform the reset procedure on power-up. But this time the battery must be connected first"

<End snip>

Now surely (you don't mind if I call you surely do you?), that is pretty unambiguous (even to you).

As for no panel having a warranty?? I guess you must buy crashed ones off EBay - cuz every panel comes with a warranty (that you risk invalidating).

Over to you.

What are you blathering about? Do you have a manual or not? Apparently not so I'll spare your blushes, It says (and this is a direct quote):

<From 9100 manual>

"Note: If at any time the system is powered down completely,(ieMains and Battery off) you must perform the reset procedure on power-up. But this time the battery must be connected first"

<End snip>

Now surely (you don't mind if I call you surely do you?), that is pretty unambiguous (even to you).

As for no panel having a warranty?? I guess you must buy crashed ones off EBay - cuz every panel comes with a warranty (that you risk invalidating).

Over to you.

you actually speaking english? - exactly my point, what do you think caused the O/P`s system to crash ? it was powered mains up with a duff battery connected (too much drain etc etc) so to reboot you go back to "as new" procedure - your post above shows just how little understanding you have of how these things work and your contribution to this thread shows how little understanding you have of the english language - you fail to understand anything written and each of your posts serves to back up the points put by myself or europlex before it - for example the guff about buying off ebay - your right every panel comes with a warranty and from Oct 06 specific instruction to power mains first everytime (you have to kickstart (do a secondary action ) most panel to start battery first ) so unless you claim that the manfs. have reconfigured every panel that was available the day before the changes you yourself are countering your own argument

anyway thats far too much meandering for what is a simple engineering fix to locked panels - the advice stands, you don`t know what your posting about, it`s whats expected from a DIY forum,the fact you don`t understand is not my problem

ALWAYS POWER ALL PANELS MAINS FIRST

Wrong.

<From 9100 manual>

<End snip>

It's not me you are arguing with - but the manufacturer.

As far as my use of grammar goes? What's that got to do with anything?

But whilst we are on the subject let's look at your grammar shall we?

"your right every panel comes with a warranty and from Oct 06 specific"

For heaven's sake it's YOU'RE not YOUR.

Now go off and look in your 9100 manual - and don't come back until you have.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back