How do I reset a Scantronic Burglar Alarm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
your close, but still not quite right, its mains first ALWAYS indeed a decent panels would need "kickstarting" to allow battery first

Sponsored Links
On re-powering the panel, the key pad is inactive so cannot enter 1234. Which one of you guys is right? It does'nt look like there is a definitive solution to my problem. I will try Saxo's suggestion tomorrow. Speak to you then bye for now.

no problem bowe, its one of those jobs that takes seconds on site, but forever to explain all the differences

Still no joy Saxo. Tried powering up mains power which illuminated but nothing displayed on the panel and key pad not active. Your suggestion on disconnecting auxiliary and bell I did not try. Is this definately the right thing to do?

Sponsored Links
Still no joy Saxo. Tried powering up mains power which illuminated but nothing displayed on the panel and key pad not active. Your suggestion on disconnecting auxiliary and bell I did not try. Is this definately the right thing to do?

yep

check all the fuses too of course first, interesting - when the cat set it off, how did you stop it then?

Saxo I popped the fuse out of the spur and then disconnected the battery.

Scantronic panels are different. On first power up it MUST be mains first then battery then connect +V.

From that point on it is BATTERY first then mains.

Failure to follow this procedure will invalidate warranty.

Scantronic panels are different. On first power up it MUST be mains first then battery then connect +V.

LOL - don`t think theres much of a warranty left on a 20 year old panel.

but its mains first everytime

No it isn't. In every case after the initial power up it is BATTERY first. I've just checked the manual for the 9100. I suggest that you do the same otherwise you'll be giving posters information that will ruin their alarm panel. Don't just come back and argue the case - LOOK IN THE MANUAL FIRST.

[no thats the correct procedure for ANY locked panel[/quote]

Hello, I know this is my first post & I don't want to be too controversial but the 'ANY' is wrong.

One example from the manufacturer's literature, Scantronic - 9100, Mains first, & 9800, Battery first.
Many panels require to be Battery first & many panels require to be Mains first, it's all in the manuals.

Also in this thread, resetting following a complete power down is wrong, for this panel (9100) it is >
1. Connect the Mains supply
2. Enter USER code, (the one normally in use, it's held in the NVM chip)
3. Then enter the ENGINEER code, (don't forget to do this properly )'0' then 'Ent' then EngCde
4. Connect Battery

Hope this helps.

No it isn't. In every case after the initial power up it is BATTERY first. I've just checked the manual for the 9100. I suggest that you do the same otherwise you'll be giving posters information that will ruin their alarm panel. Don't just come back and argue the case - LOOK IN THE MANUAL FIRST.

Joe - your missing the point, these are panels that need re-booting,the`ve invaraibly powered up after a mains fail with a dead battery connected - take it as read I`ve been out and rebooted enough panels after the user has tried and failed to follow the manual to know what I am saying, the manual says battery first so the USER isn`t poking about with live mains thats all

One example from the manufacturer's literature, Scantronic - 9100, Mains first, & 9800, Battery first.
Many panels require to be Battery first & many panels require to be Mains first, it's all in the manuals.

Also in this thread, resetting following a complete power down is wrong, for this panel (9100) it is >
1. Connect the Mains supply
2. Enter USER code, (the one normally in use, it's held in the NVM chip)
3. Then enter the ENGINEER code, (don't forget to do this properly )'0' then 'Ent' then EngCde
4. Connect Battery

Hope this helps.

same again - this isn`t the standard powering up from new (btw 9800`s are mains first) but a corrupted panel that needs its software forcing.

POF all new panels have to be mains first without exception to comply with EN

"all new panels have to be mains first without exception to comply with EN" ???

Oh dear! Did you not read what I said "Scantronic - 9100, Mains first"

What on earth has EN to do with a Scantronic 9100, this could have been installed for 12 or more years, EN not even thought of then, it's not retrospective!

Another point to ponder, if we start talking about a DiY system EN243 & PD662 etc have no bearing.
By the way, if you want a copy of the manuals to find out how to correctly power up the panels mentioned there are many supplied on *Bay.

We are talking about powering up from a complete power down / lock up, the correct way with a 9100 is as I stated.

It seems as though you don't have a lot of experience with this panel, have you ever worked on one, it's fairly bullet proof and simple if you know what you are doing?

I've got a 9100 manual and it is MAINS first for initial power up. From that point on it is BATTERY first.

And yes I've fitted many - mainly about 20 years ago.

If the manual is wrong - why have they never changed that info?

Contact Scantronic if you wish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back