how do i wallpaper above hole in wall fire?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have just had new Faber serene fire installed in purpose built false chimney breast acc. to manufacturers specification. Heat convects into room from top of firebox but also heats the top edge of metal surround and wall for about 10" above fire. I would prefer to wallpaper the chimney breast & not paint it but fear that the wallpaper will not stick properly and will curl up at the edges when the fire is in use. Are there any tricks of the trade that i need to know? How come all the magazines show wallpaper in these modern show homes? Do they never put the fire on?

Sponsored Links
The same way as magazines show lovelt sticky buns..they varnish them!

Those photos are done to sell products and thats all..but like all flat screen tellys seem to just sit on walls..no wires leads, dvd players..aerials..nothing.

The heat problem you have could be deflected a little by boarding the wall over with plasterboard first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back