Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bit of a long story, but will try to cover the facts!

Wall was professionally replastered September.
Wall was sized with 3 coats of Contract Matt And Water 50/50 October.
Wall was papered with Superfresco Easy (Paste the wall) December 5th.
Come January 2nd, the edges of the paper have shrunk about 2-4mm, and the edges have curled in on themselves.

The house is very warm and has heating on all day and the wall which is dreadful is the chimney breast above a new gas fire.

I used a self mix of paste, as per instructions and (obviously) as paste the wall, didn't soak the paper.

I'm wondering if anyone could confirm or dispute that the excessive heat is likely to have caused this.
If it was the papering just shrinking as normal- I'd expect to have see these issues within one or two days- not a month?

Sponsored Links
Paste-the-wall type papers are usually non-woven, which means they shouldn't stretch or shrink, allowing them to be stuck directly to the wall without the need for soaking.

Unless there was a fault with the paper (unlikely), the most likely reason will have been excessive heat, but that could mean there was still moisture in the wall that was drying out. Paper doesn't usually move after its been in place for a couple of days, without some sort of humidity issue (high or low) being the cause.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back