How do you calculate how many 2.4x1.2 (8x4) plasterboards ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Got two ceilings to put up with 8x4 boards, standard rooms with fireplaces.

How do i work out how many i need, do you just measure room and add a certain percentage ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
8x4 = 32 sg ft
now measure the ceiling length x breadth multiply together that will give you ceiling square feet. Divide the board size (32) into the ceiling size that gives the MINIUM number of sheets as for wastage, cant help there.

Hi All

Got two ceilings to put up with 8x4 boards, standard rooms with fireplaces.

How do i work out how many i need, do you just measure room and add a certain percentage ?

Thanks
I'd be looking at the joist spacing prior to deciding on board size, in particular, looking at using 900mm x 1800mm boards (450mm joist spacing). If they do happen to be spaced in the realms of 400mm c/c then look at using 900mm x 2400mm. Much easier to fix than those big fellas.

Wastage will depend upon board use efficiency and how you stagger the joints. I actually plan out the board fix and work out the wastage based upon how I will cut and use each board.

Work out the exact board area then add an extra board. One extra is usually enough for average sized ceilings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back