Unbranded Ebay Plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I need to buy quite a lot of 12.5 and 15mm plasterboard for an extension we've got going on. I plan 15mm for the ceiling, 12.5m m for the walls. I've had a look on ebay and there's a guy selling it really cheap (£3 per 8x4 board). Its brand new building site surplus apparently, but its unbranded/generic rather than Knauf or BG etc.

Does anyone know if its likely to be poor quality, or any other reason why it should be avoided? I'm tempted to give it go, its more than 50% cheaper than main brands. But....

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Chances are "Building site surplus" is the new "off the back of a lorry" I would be suspicious and avoid it myself ;)

I've just seen the advert, and it's difficult to say, but £3 for the good quality one's and less for the damaged ones. As it's collection, you know where the guy lives, so it could well be kosher, but I'd reserve the right to wak away if they're not up to scratch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back