How do you join worktops with an angle of 117 degrees?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm helping a friend fit a new kitchen and the room is not square.

We need to join 2 worktops together but the angle is 117 degrees and I can't work out how to do it with a standard mitre jig.

Is there a way of doing it? If not, would it be posible to just half the angle (58.5 degrees) and just do a straight cut at that angle on both worktops?

We don't really understand why you need to use the hocky stick shape cut with a jig?

Thanks in advance

Carl

Sponsored Links
The Hockey stick shape as you put it is for joining two work tops at ninety degree's to one another for this part of the jig does the Male and Female cut on either worktop, the best way to show you how it is used is to go onto Youtube and type in Mason's Mitre or How do I use a worktop Jig, Trend do a good demonstration.

As far as your 117 degree cut is concerned, you will need to router the worktops at 58.5 degrees and joining them together using the worktop connecting bolts, preferably three bolts not two. But I would strongly advise that you use other material such as MDF or Ply to make sure you get the angle spot on before routering your worktops.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you are unsure about how to cut worktops correctly it would be worth getting somebody in that is a proffessional and knows what they are doing because there are no second chances if you make a mistake.

Thanks for reply.

Think I'll make a lot of test cuts and see how it goes, if all fails then I guess we'll have to get someone in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back