How Do you Legislate?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How would you legislate against the shootings ever happenning again. :?:
You could not ban guns as has been pointed out that country folk need them for hunting etc.

A small step would maybe every gun licence holder should be noted on a persons medical records so that any mental illness should mean withdrawal of the licence.

Any thoughts :?:

Sponsored Links
Only people that actually NEED them should have them. Taxi drivers wouldn't have a hope of getting one.

with respect Bahco, hasn't this been explored on the taxi driver thread?

but to answer your question.... it can't. Whilst humans are humans, you can't rule out the unexpected.

Make it illegal to go mental and start shooting up the place.
There, legislation sorted.

Sponsored Links
Only people that actually NEED them should have them. Taxi drivers wouldn't have a hope of getting one.

but what if he's a taxi driver with an interest in firearms... and attends a local shooting club?

what if he's a taxi driver with an interest in firearms?

His interest in firearms is part of his psychological problem, and he didn't attend any shooting club.
If he did - he should have to leave his gun at the club - not have a house full of them.

joe

You're mixing your arguments... your first point was a huge generalisation that NO taxi driver needs a gun - i countered by hypothesising about a taxi driver who might, and you responded with the inadequacies of this Bird chap that had psychological problems, and who i agree, shouldn't have had any guns.

But i strongly suspect that there are some taxis drivers who should be allowed to have guns.

There was no problem with this man having guns. He was fine, sensible, safe and legal with his guns until he went mental.

There was no problem with this man having guns. He was fine, sensible, safe and legal with his guns until he went mental.

But he didn't need them did he? According to psychologists his love of guns was part of his paranoid delusions. His mental problem made him want to keep guns. He had no need of them just as you don't.

For what reason?

because under most normal circumstances, guns owned by law abiding citizens (including taxi drivers) are absolutey no problem for anyone else.
But more to the point why shouldn't any taxi driver be allowed to own a gun?

Yes me too. Should any taxi driver be allowed to own a machine gun? If not why not?

Sponsored Links
Back