The emergence of police brutality and where we are headed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I do enjoy watching these type of videos on youtube and this video I came across recently I found a little disturbing. Effectively two cops turn up at this guys house (guy holding the camera) with no warrant or paperwork of any kind, - ''we're clearly police mate'' barge him out the way and snoop around looking for a suspect.

Now I realise policing is hard work but forceful entry of this kind alarms me. It seems to happen all the time though on the streets, there are plenty of times where police without any real probable cause stop the public to search them against their consent. Most of us have come to accept that we are given a privilege to travel and that it is not a right due to being sold on the fact we should fear those we don't know and trust only those in authority for our own safety. Undercover of this has been passed legislation which allows a person to be subjected to, at any time, forceable stop and search, or stop and account as they are now calling it, it seems whether travelling in a vehicle, on foot or standing at ones own doorstep this is a very real possibility. I make no judgements in stating this, just to state it as it is without prejudice attached.

I realise it's a difficult subject and a subject which has a tendancy to polarise opinions, but I do fear that British policing is becoming like american style policing where due process has really gone out of the window, even by the admission of the BBC who broadcast this quite shocking documentary last night.

In relation to this documentary I'm not convinced it's necessarily a race issue more than it is a class issue/class war. There are many people that get brutalised at the hands of the police if liveleak/youtube is anything to go by, and although many are black, many are also white and hispanic, and of every race. It appears if you are poor in the US you are more likely to be a target of police brutality than if you are wealthy, and the same appears to be true to a lesser or greater extent across the globe. If you are black AND poor, it appears you run the highest risk of being murdered or imprisoned by police.

Many will argue that the police have to catch criminals and if it means stepping on the wrong side of legislation/law occasionally to justify catching a criminal or a mass murderer then so be it. However, it appears that modern (westernised) policing is moving in a much more sinister direction, that of brutality/murder/ alleged arrest targets which are designed to beat down the poor and kill them or imprison them to make money off of the slave labour they are subjected to there.

It is worrying that despite everything we were sold over the last twenty years about horrific acts of violence and human rights violations carried out at the hands of brutal dictators in other countries, we seem to have a similar type of thing going on right in our backyards everyday. Fortunately the UK is nothing as extreme as the US, but which direction are things headed ? The attempt by high ranking police officials in this country to arm every single bobby on the beat with some kind of pistol or automatic weapon I find especially terrifying and it's something we should (in my view) put energy into opposing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p040v890/nypd-biggest-gang-in-new-york

p.s. if you don't pay for a tv licence like me you can find a stream elsewhere rather than use BBC iplayer which as per changes in legislation now requires a tv licence

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
This is a 65 year old woman (neighbour) who uses a wheelchair and oxygen. Was visited by the police following a reported disturbance.

She tried to deny access...

...Effectively two cops turn up at this guys house (guy holding the camera) with no warrant or paperwork of any kind, - ''we're clearly police mate'' barge him out the way and snoop around looking for a suspect.

Yes, it's perfectly reasonable behaviour of the guilt-free to open ones front door and have some cause to video tape "whatever it is happens next".

Nozzle

...Effectively two cops turn up at this guys house (guy holding the camera) with no warrant or paperwork of any kind, - ''we're clearly police mate'' barge him out the way and snoop around looking for a suspect.

Yes, it's perfectly reasonable behaviour of the guilt-free to open ones front door and have some cause to video tape "whatever it is happens next".

Nozzle

So you think someone that films their interaction of the police is guilty of a crime ?

Sponsored Links
Someone who films their interaction with the police films it because they know they're going to have an interaction with the police. It takes a certain type of person to know that...

a) A phsycic
b) Someone whose business it is to scrape with the fuzz

A bit like MAMIL's who cover themselves in go-pros.

Nozzle

Someone who films their interaction with the police films it because they know they're going to have an interaction with the police. It takes a certain type of person to know that...

a) A phsycic
b) Someone whose business it is to scrape with the fuzz

A bit like MAMIL's who cover themselves in go-pros.

Nozzle

Or

c) someone that is concerned about their own safety and that of others

You've made your position on this clear.

He lost any shred of sympathy I may have had for him when the camera panned around and I saw two taxis on the drive. Putting 2 and 2 together. No wonder he was such an awkward cnt.

Also, what use is the 12 year old police girl? She must be no more than 8 stone wet through. The male officer might just as well be on his own.

He lost any shred of sympathy I may have had for him when the camera panned around and I saw two taxis on the drive. Putting 2 and 2 together. No wonder he was such an awkward cnt.

Also, what use is the 12 year old police girl? She must be no more than 8 stone wet through. The male officer might just as well be on his own.

If you watch closely he is twitching repeatedly, looked pepped up on coke.. or something, bit of an agitated mess if you ask me.. wouldn't you feel threatened ?

If you watch closely he is twitching repeatedly, looked pepped up on coke.. or something, bit of an agitated mess if you ask me.. wouldn't you feel threatened ?

Probably was. The calibre of people who join the police these days has never been lower. You see them on the car chase TV programmes. Slovenly, tattooed and chewing gum. Not fit to wear a uniform, even if it is a saggy jumper and a pair of slacks these days.

Probably was. The calibre of people who join the police these days has never been lower. You see them on the car chase TV programmes. Slovenly, tattooed and chewing gum. Not fit to wear a uniform, even if it is a saggy jumper and a pair of slacks these days.

All unemployable and straight out of University.

Interesting woodbine you display a vote for Trump banner. The support for Trump, Corbyn Marie la Pen etc reflect the proles dissatisfaction with the career politicians who (very soon), will be using everything they can to hold on to power, I wonder whose side the police will defend, I remember the disgusting tactics used against the miners. They made Boris sell his water cannons only to announce today they're putting armed police everywhere for our safety, just don't get a tan and wear a puffa jacket.

And that's the thing.. but most have come to except it as a formality. Either way I only posted this because I'm interested in social issues but I do find it worrying that as time goes on people seem not to notice subtle changes in policing and how it affects their freedom.

I'm sorry to say I would actually not travel to the US, certainly not NewYork .. the site of those orwellian style CCTV/surveillance towers the NYPD plant in impoverished areas is beyond unsettling and I've seen one to many death by cop videos to not want to go visit there. I stand up for myself in situations that here wouldn't warrant more than a heated arguement but there I'm the type of person that could possibly be killed for non compliance, that's all it seems to take if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong cop.

c) someone that is concerned about their own safety and that of others

You've made your position on this clear.

How does pointing the camera enhance safety of the individual then? I can see why a police officer wearing a camera might enhance their protection, as they are targets from the outset. My position is clear, I am not ashamed of it.

Nozzle

And that's the thing.. but most have come to except it as a formality. Either way I only posted this because I'm interested in social issues but I do find it worrying that as time goes on people seem not to notice subtle changes in policing and how it affects their freedom.

I'm sorry to say I would actually not travel to the US, certainly not NewYork .. the site of those orwellian style CCTV/surveillance towers the NYPD plant in impoverished areas is beyond unsettling and I've seen one to many death by cop videos to not want to go visit there. I stand up for myself in situations that here wouldn't warrant more than a heated arguement but there I'm the type of person that could possibly be killed for non compliance, that's all it seems to take if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong cop.

Which makes it more of a shame that we have let the barbarians in, and now need to arm our police in numbers. The left started letting large numbers of the wrong people in and now are getting the police state they wanted. Ever since the old order died out in the 60s and the new, progressive liberals took over, this country has been getting more and more dangerous. It started with capital punishment being banned. Next stop will be the bloodshed we are seeing in France and Germany.

Don't worry about The US, it's fine. Been there loads of times, Don't believe all you see represents the whole of a vast country populated by 320 million people. Forget NYC/LA, etc. That isn't REAL America.

Sponsored Links
Back