How do you recharge Potterton Puma 80 boilers?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Boiler keeps overboiling and shutting down intermittantly. If i reboot it and put the CH on it works fine and then if i operate a HW tap it will start to boil up and then pressurise to maximum and then shut down, After reading the forums i believe it may just need recharging, Does anybody agree and if so how do you do it? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Read the FAQ section on repressurising the expansion vessel.

That may NOT be the problem you have but doing that first will eliminate one possibility.

Tony

Sorry Tony but i cant seem to find the info? Have you any other ideas in regards to what the problem is? When i click on the FAQ section it has info on this logging in etc but no actual technical advice? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I have recharge the expansion vessel and is'nt cutting out any more although the central heating takes quite a while to heat up and one of the radiators didn't heat up at all last night. I've tried bleeding all the radiators but still no good. Could they need balancing?

Check flow/return temperatures to determine whether the rads need balancing.

The diverter valve does not like dripping hot water taps. The slightest drip can prevent the heating working isolate the cold feed to see if there is any improvement to the warm up time.

Check the operation of your h/w flow switch - it may need replacing / adjusting.

Common fault on the puma.

If your c/h works fine, I cant understand the need for re-pressurising, unless you have big differences in pressure from cold to hot.

1 bar cold.

no more than 1.8 when system fully hot.

David

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back