how do you remove dark stains on decking?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have recently build a raised garden deck and everything had gone as expected. All that was left to do was before I sealed the decking, was to put some end grain preserver on the cut ends of the decking. I have since done this, but I now have several dark stains on the decking which are really noticeable.I guess the stain penetrates right through the wood but Is there anyway I can get the wood back to it original colour, or make it look not so noticeable??

Sponsored Links
is it the same colour as the decking preservative, and just looks darker as its newer?

Hi thermo

Its blue in the container, but it eventually dry a green colour. The decking was already treated when i purchased it, but the decking is more of a pine colour, so after this preserver went on it does stand out quite a bit now. Its been just under a week since i did it, but i wouldn't say its mellowed that much yet.

if its a different colour its going to take quite a while to mellow, but once a few weeks of sun gets on it it should fade

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back