How Does This Door Come Off?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Plasterer has made a pigs ear of plastering behind the door hinges below, I want to remove the door and then the hinges so I can sort it out.

I can see 4 screws on the inside of the door jamb on each of the hinges which should get the door off but I then need to work out how to get the hinges off the frame?

IMG_20231120_171648.jpg

IMG_20231120_171641.jpg

IMG_20231120_171543.jpg

Thanks
Chris

Sponsored Links
Undo screws on one of the middle hinges and see. It's possible they are only holding a cover. In that case remove cover and see. Look at the hinge from above and from below.

Sponsored Links
It's a Mila evolution hinge. The tiny grub screw holds the pin in and stops it riding up when you open and close the door, remove the screw, pop out the top rubber cover and there should be an allen headed bolt or hinge pin, this needs knocking upwards from underneath, the bigger grub screws just move the pin sideways for lateral adjustment

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back