How Far Can a Washing Machine be from the sink?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had some units fitted to my kitchen and the builder did not leave room for the washing machine to be by the sink. I cannot remove the unit and work surface ( as the machine will stick out on top ). So i decided that i would like the washing machine to be placed across ( 2 metres ) across from the taps. However there is a door ( which leds into the garden) in between.

Please can anyone tell me what can be done? In terms of the water getting to the washing machine. I have a boiler above where the washing machine is but advised not to take a feed from the boiler as this can cause damage down the line . Any ideas? .. Help!:(

Sponsored Links
If its a combi boiler you can tee in to the cold supply to it no problem,
You just need a gulley outside for the waste water , washing machines don't need to be near Sinks.

What boiler is it? Are you able to tee in elsewhere (eg under floorboards) and run a feed down?

Sponsored Links
No @Chris_W, i had floorboards recently put down by the council. It is not my property , so i cannot be messing with that:(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back