How fast does gravity travel???

What/which kludge - reference please?
Lambda. I posted a link that mentioned it. Used to make things fit with state of knowledge at the time and changed since. ;) Kludge is too strong a word really ;) I suppose.

:) My view actually is that he is 100% correct and astrophysics and observation are the problem.

Sponsored Links
No ****. In the same way that no one has ever directly observed the weak, strong or electromagnetic force. You only see their effects.

But those effects are measurable and the speed at which they move is measurable.
Can you measure the speed of gravity?
Answer is no.
So we have to play with what we know now and gravity particles have not been discovered yet, hence gravity cannot travel at any speed.
Then if you like to speculate...

Oh... I just assumed that you are knuckle dragging right wing racist scumbag.

If true, that is generous of you. Did you insist that the recipients are (to quote an earlier post of yours) "pure blood"?
Like Stormzy?

Sponsored Links
Then if you like to speculate...
And why not! :)
As I said earlier, some parts (much?) of science is speculation; it's just that we have more certainty in some concepts over others.
And true science is always ready to change its opinion, if new evidence is presented.
It would be a very boring and insular world if science didn't speculate! :)

yes it's junk. It starts off with silly suggestions which anyone should be able to see through and then says they aren't compatible.
You seem to have missed that it needs an explanation even when you read 2 possible ones.

If you pushed a fatty off a cliff.... gravity would travel pretty fast...

You seem to have missed that it needs an explanation even when you read 2 possible ones.
I haven't missed anything,
you haven't read it.
Again you need to understand before you accuse others of being wrong, based on inadequate misunderstanding.
You've done it to me and others several times - T-cells, all sorts of maths.
The "paradox" is only a thought experiment, it isn't real,
it's hypothetical.
The ancient monk didn't have a clue about much at all.

Read it: darkness of the night sky conflicts with the assumption of an infinite and eternal static universe.
"If the Universe has infinitely many stars, then presumably it should be."

You have read enough to know that isn't true on two counts, you've quoted it from wikipedia as though you were telling us something, - but obviously misunderstood what you cut and pasted.

Current theory pretty clearly says
1) The Universe doesn't have infinite stars, and
2) even if it did, we wouldn't see them because their light wouldn't all reach us.

So it's junk.

Tiresome.

Current theory pretty clearly says
1) The Universe doesn't have infinite stars, and
2) even if it did, we wouldn't see them because their light wouldn't all reach us.

So it's junk.

Tiresome.
If this universe of ours does not have infinite stars, could you please Google the theory of what is beyond the edge of where all the stars are.

Next question : Does a travelling lightwave degrade?

P.S. Your Bible is not a scientific document.

If you pushed a fatty off a cliff.... gravity would travel pretty fast...
Gravity would be very slightly perturbed because the centre of mass of fatty and the planet would have moved closer together.

Fatty would accelerate, reaching a velocity of approx 100mph at the bottom, if it were Dover.

Last edited:
If this universe of ours does not have infinite stars, could you please Google the theory of what is beyond the edge of where all the stars are.

No.
Google it yourself. You probably won't understand.
Dork by name...

and I don't have any bibles.

The big bang theory precludes infinite stars.

The theory of an infinite universe was killed off by the Big bang theory and more concretely by the measurement of cosmic background radiation.

When you've left the Victorian era of science we should talk again.

Sponsored Links
Back