How hard is it to get a PRV!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to replace my PRV on my Ravenheat Silver Star Combi boiler. I found the part number in the instruction book and have looked across the internet to purchase one.
I eventually thought I'd found one and bought one. Then I recieved an e-mail saying Ravenheat no longer dtock this part and stopped with no notice, so the company are searching for a valve replacement but its proving hard.
On all the spares sites I can only find a PRV for a condenser boiler or a push fit version which is the same part number bar 1 digit!
My current valve has threads both ends.
Anyone got any ideas how to get round this or any other suggestions??
The part number is or was 0008VAL01018/0
I need to sort this soon but am really stuck now, what gets me the boiler is only just over 2 years old :(

Sponsored Links
You dont say exactly who you have been dealing with.

All I can say is that Ravenheat will have a suitable part for your boiler.

It sounds as if they may have changed the part number. You may have had a spotty faced youth who did not have enough intelligence to resolve the question for you.

I suggest you call Ravenheat and ask them for the current part number.

A boiler engineer would almost certainly get the part within a short time as we often encounter these minor irritations.

Tony

I did e-mail Ravenheat in the first instance to see if I could purchase the part from them and they recommended a website that sells their spares. As I say they had the push fit and the condenser one but not my one!!
Anyway I will call Ravenheat in the morning to see about a part number..cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back