How important is it keeping a extension square

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How critical is it that that a extension is perfectly square?

I am in the process of building my own kitchen extension i am about half way up, I started with the corners using a builders square and i am checking that is vertical as i go but thats proving quite hard because some blocks are kicking out slightly which effects the spirit level.

When i measure left to right at each end of the extension inner an out leaves thes there is a difference of about 10-15mm is that exceptable or will the roofer think im a cowboy.

Thx

Sponsored Links
when it comes time to bed the wall plates, these can be jiggled about until they are perfectly parallel regardless of a cm or so. one end can be moved in and his opposite number could be moved out.

you can gain or lose a fair bit across a 105mm wall! :LOL:

it is very important (for a traditional cut roof) that the plates are parallel and reasonably level. any discrepancies within the masonry can be sorted by trimming off the rafter ends later on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back