how is this possible?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
sounds quite criptic, but i'm confused as to how the brickwork under my upvc conservatory door sill is wet? the sill width is two & a quarter inches (from the wall). We've been wondering where the smell of wet/damp brickwork was coming from for ages, so now at least we're halfway to the solution.
All help is gratefully received .

Regards, Trev.

Sponsored Links
Could be water in the box section of the cill, any photo to see the type of door and screws fixings of the frame? more info the better

Could it be because all brickwork below a door cill (and therefore below DPC level) stays wet because that's where the [wet] ground is?

Thankyou both, both of you make sense but would the brickwork look wet when its raining? I've been trying to upload photo's but am struggling, all around the inside of the frame is dry (between both seals inside and out) also dry around all screw heads, would it be possible for water to run down inside the frame from say the gutters, if the seals were shot, as i know water will find a way in.
Regards again.
Trev

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back