How long can a batten and felted roof be left before tiling ??

I don't know of any roofers who are not busy. And TBH, most of them are crap, and charge premium rates for their ineptitude too. They have so much work that they can just cream off the high earning jobs. Not just roofers either, most trades nowadays unfortunately.

I would not use their workload as a guide to anything.

Are you just used to dealing with jack of all trades?

Sponsored Links
"I don't think I've ever let the membrane sag. It doesn't look right. Likewise, I don't think any inspectors have actually cared."
"But at that time of year, your problem will be wind driven rain getting under the laps which should be laid with a sag."

I need to get some chipboard ordered that will withstand being open to the elements until it can be made watertight, just in case.

I can see there is Egger Protect which only needs their glue to seal; they say this can be glued down in damp conditions and will be ok for 60 days exposed according to the Egger website. They also say you can tile direct on this floor.

There is also Caberdek; on the video it says joists should be dry when being glued otherwise the floor may squeak. The joints also need to taped to be waterproof, but them the whole layer can be peeled after the roof is on. Can also stay exposed for 42 days using their system

Also there is Cabershield plus; which seems to be similar to Egger Protect, except it does not seem to be so well stocked. Lasts 42 days in the open

Any comments welcome to help me chose although i guess it comes down to price in the end but also the truss erector who is laying the first floor has used Caberdek so maybe i should stick with what he knows ....

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back