How long for Immersion to heat water?

1. Bright red indicator pointer can be manually adjusted by a screw driver to indicate the desire pressure or set pressure of a safety valve or pressure reducing valve.

That link simply sits on the fence with no confirmation either way. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
TBH I've always set the red pointer as we used to at Vaillant on the old T3W boilers. The pointer is set to the warning point of LOW system pressure around 0.5 Bar, as there is usually a red section or markings at 2.5/3Bar on the gauge. Each to their own. What do you say @Bunnyman ???

Yes folks and you are all correct as per the manufacturers instructions , the point is Agile told the customer that an engineer should not have left it set as he did and the attending engineer has not been at fault in any way

Sponsored Links
And woosh he was gone, never to be seen again in the discussion to admit he was wrong and has yet again been misleading the DIY'ers and making other tradesman look bad without cause or reason.

If you went to that house would you seriously change the filling loop?

I would point it out to the responsible person.

If I was doing other paid work there then I would fit a compliant one for about £16.

A small price to comply with regulations and potentially avoid a fine of up to £1000.

Tony

Yup them water police are really dishing out the fines for non compliant filling loops at the moment. Already had them knocking at my door, mine was compliant but I got a warning for leaving the hose connected! I should've known better...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back