how many bends??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ,, I want to install a new bathroom i.e toilet, bath,and washhand basin,in the top of the house using 110mm plastic waste pipe for the toilet and 50mm pipe for waste sink water.
In order to do this I will need to fit 8 x 90 deg bends, A guy who lives near by told me I cant use any more then 3 x 90 deg bends in any 3 meter lengh of 110mm pipe ,,, is this right??

any help would be nice please.

regards

Sponsored Links
if basin is'nt teeing into the shower or bath waste then 32mm will be fine (depending on length).

Which pipe are the bends going to be on?

Read the question bster!

I think he is ( mostly ) talking about using a lot of elbows on the 110 mm !

I dont think there is any hard and fast rule apart from common sense which is only gained by experience of things which dont work! DIYers often sem to think that as long as you can string them together then they must work. The real world is different!

Tony

So are you saying you need to use Eight 90 Deg Bends in 3meters of pipework? What the hell are you trying to get the pipework around that requires that many bends?!?!? :eek:

Sponsored Links
OK the first bend will be from the toilet plus 500mm of 110 pipe, next bend throu the wall into the next room, when it goes throu this wall it needs to bend again as the main wall is about 400mm away, then it need to bend again to go around a pier which is 500mm x 300mm then it will run for about 2700mm then go round the other pier then throu the floor dropping to the ground . hope this will help a bit better.

regards

mike

I think your only concern should be blockages which shouldn't happen if you get the correct fall.

Might want to consider rodding poinits in case :D

at least 2x 45degrees, for a 90, with rodding points if your attempting this.

If it will go round the first bend without a problem, why does it not go round the 21st bend without a problem ? i'm not a plumber, but would like to know the reason. thanks

well the principle that keeps a 1920`s Indian on the Wall of Death can cause a Richard 111 to stick :eek: :LOL: :LOL: (Indian v twin motorcycle)

libby lou lou said:
If it will go round the first bend without a problem, why does it not go round the 21st bend without a problem ? i'm not a plumber, but would like to know the reason. thanks

just loses momentum. our turds dont have VTEC past a certain amount of bends :LOL:

The standard fall of 1:40 allows a certain flow velocity. Every change of direction will slow this down.

I have a recollection that you can reset the velocity by using a short vertical section if this is available within the space available.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back