How much are you taxed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
(In another thread, about levels of tax)

Once you start including council tax, fuel, vat etc..........
So why don't you do the research then?

Yes, I will.

I actually did try once to find out how much tax the average person paid, but gave up.

You will see what I mean if you look into it, the information is hard to find as every source is biased and twists things, and there are so many taxes it's hard to calculate.

I did the calculation for myself when I was earning around 18k, and worked out that I was paying around 45% tax with all of it included, I speculate my tax levels today are around 38%.

So why don't you all do some fag packed calculations and work out how much you are taxed (I know, not exactly the most fun forum game).

So to keep it simple, let's include the following.

Income tax 20% (up to 35k, and £7,475 tax free). That means take your wage, deduct £7,475 and then it's 20% of that).

NI = 12%

Tax on gas/electricity = 5% VAT
Fuel tax (round it to half of your fuel expenditure).
Council tax
VAT (that's all adult cloths, luxury goods, savoury foods)
Drink and fags if you are naughty.

I wonder what that dirty tax avoiding scum norcon pays as a %?

Sponsored Links
An article I read last year reckoned that if you took a years wages overall with UK taxes. It would be June 10th before you could call what you had in your hand your own...the previous six months earnings would all go straight to the government.

An article I read last year reckoned that if you took a years wages overall with UK taxes. It would be June 10th before you could call what you had in your hand your own...the previous six months earnings would all go straight to the government.
You may be referring to Tax Freedom Day which if you scroll down to the bottom 2 tables seems to contradict the claim that the UK is the most taxed country in th eworld - in fact the data seems to be based on projected fuel and VAT as well as statutory taxations

You may be referring to Tax Freedom Day which if you scroll down to the bottom 2 tables seems to contradict the claim that the UK is the most taxed country in th eworld - in fact the data seems to be based on projected fuel and VAT as well as statutory taxations

This is why I am asking for people to do some fag packet calcs.

Every article I could find on this always had some foot note that basically added up to "these figures are ******".

From my own figures, I suspect the average person on an average wage is paying about 30-45% depending on their lifestyle.

Sponsored Links
This is only of any use if you had the same information for a large data set from a variety of countries. Anecdotal examples are of little value, other than the illegal practices that Norcon subscribes to ;)

I wonder what that dirty tax avoiding scum norcon pays as a %?

I'd say a lot more that you.
And tax avoidance is legal btw.

Are you another one of these idiots claiming to never have failed to declare a cash payment or trying to prove themselves as lily white law abiders who would declare it given the chance?

Johnd went silent on the issue when challenged.
Now lets see you (aron searle) make a liar out of your self as well as an arzewipe.

And subman... another idiot who thinks he occupies the moral high ground and is obviously in the lily white queue.

Just looking at your posting times. You sad barstewards. I'm off back to work. Still burning daylight.

Thought you'd been banned, geraint/ryme?

Nice to see you've been let out, albeit temporarily and under contract ;)

Woohoo!! June 10th is my birthday!! What a lovely birthday present!! ;)

And tax avoidance is legal btw.

What you admitted to is tax evasion, not avoidance.

Are you another one of these idiots claiming to never have failed to declare a cash payment or trying to prove themselves as lily white law abiders who would declare it given the chance?

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Do turn on your sarcasm detector, or at least see if there is an app for that!

I also notice you didn't actually say how much you pay as a %, but then I didn't really expect anyone to answer that.

Sponsored Links
Back