How much copper tube will I need?

Cause the boiler is hidden :D

Thanks for your help Namsag - so the usual is 60m of 15mm and 30m of 22m? is that right?

Sponsored Links
It will be even more hidden in the scrapy`s in a few years, spend a few hundred more now and save your self money in long run . yeah thats right pipe sizes. With mr c/heating being mentioned i take it you are getting stuff from there.. Only seen a few of there systems and the finish on rads is terrible and valves the cheapest of the cheap unless they have got better in past few years

The OP said his plumber is not responding ???

Perhaps the plumber has realised he is a cheapskate and no longer wants to install his poor quality materials bought on price alone???

Carriage on copper tube must work out at about £30. That must go a long way towards buying better quality tube?

I have noticed that the cheaper types always buckle when bending 22 mm. Most merchants sell better types as their trade customers would be very disappointed and go elsewhere!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi Agile,
The plumber not responding is nothing to do with that - I know why he isn't responding as I know him very well- but yes, I am a cheapskate, because I have to be, at the end of the day you pay your money you make your choice - but I don't know why you are worrying about that anyway. If you are a plumber you should be very happy with people like us as we are the ones that call you out when our inferior boilers break down.

Carriage on screwfix is free

As always you only get what you pay for - but unfortunately not all of us can pay to get what we want. I only asked for advice on copper tubing - then get judged by some faceless person as being a cheapskate because I am working to a budget and can't afford the best of everything. Sorry about that.

Perhaps the plumber has realised he is a cheapskate and no longer wants to install his poor quality materials bought on price alone???

What have you got a Ferrari ?- no! - the mechanic won't want to see you again you cheapskate. You must have a Ford, Peugeot, Renault or even a Toyota, Audi or BMW bought on price alone :LOL:

Namsag - thanks again for the help

As has been said on here many many times, a cheap boiler fitted by a good installer and flushed properly will probably outlast a top of the range boiler fitted by a bad installer ;)

htgeng said:
screwfix or bQ is cheaper than my merchants atm. Worth a trip there esp on Weds if you are over 60 or can drag your gran along ;)

Wont be long before they have to stop that & cheap hair cuts. :LOL: :LOL:

I have read about flushing but am unsure exactly what it is - do you have to do it with a completely new system?

Thanks

No at any time, just different chemicals for new systems up to 6 months old than older systems.

monkey, going back to your second post - if the installer said he would get the pipe and you haven't spoken to him since, why not just assume he will get it ? What happens if you order some and then he turns up with some ?

It is very important that a new system is completely flushed out a couple of times.

Then add X300 or a similar chemical and run warm for a couple of hours and then drain again and refill with imhibitor.

Its the water treatment that determines how reliable and long lived the system will be.

Copper tube in B&Q looked pretty cheap yesterday. £27 inc vat for 30m of 15 mm ???

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back