How much does a brickie charge DUPLICATE THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can I have some advice please? We have a half finished self build that we have literally self built (ie no builders). We have the bedroom floors in and signed off by BC but we don't think we can do any more on it ourselves for various reasons.
I have had a builder look at it with a view to giving me a price. He reckoned it would take two weeks to get it to wall plate and another month to put the roof on it, eight weeks total max. I got the impression it was just going to be him doing the bricklaying and his mate labouring.
It's big but the upstairs is smaller than the downstairs although the two single storey bits have to have roofs put on them.
How much does a brickie charge per day please and how much does a labourer cost to assist him please. I can't work out if I had underestimated the cost of getting it finished, if they have priced it high because they don't want the job or if what they have quoted is about right?
Any advice greatly received. I could probably work out on the back of a fag packet how many square meters of actual masonry there is if necessary.

Sponsored Links
Probably Brickie £120-£130 a day
And labourer £50 approx

Sponsored Links
£300 per day minimum for van man/labourer and tools.

Expect to pay £150-200 for man van and tools. Some alcoholic brickies will work for a lot less but they can be unreliable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back