How much expect to pay to fit and drill hole for extractor fan for kitchen in uk?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How much would it cost to fit and drill hole out through wall for an extractor fan in kitchen?

Sponsored Links
It would be over the cooker and it would go more or less directly out where the extractor would be. It would be red brick and/or breezeblock I would imagine

For the hole on its own £80/£100, depends how local it is and providing there's access from the outside.
If you also want the cooker hood fitted, assuming it's a standard chimney style hood, around £150+ the duct and grill.

Sponsored Links
Bear in mind a handyman may not have a drill and bit big enough for the job, so might need to hire. And if they do, will likely need to also cover wear and tear on corer. A new bit is 30-80 quid depending on quality.

I would say kitchen fitters would do it. But I know what you mean about the wear and tear

Bear in mind a handyman may not have a drill and bit big enough for the job, so might need to hire. And if they do, will likely need to also cover wear and tear on corer. A new bit is 30-80 quid depending on quality.
why would you bother...just use an sds and drill a round of holes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back