How much for a 7'x4" steel?

cjb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

can anyone tell me roughly how much a 7' x 4" RSJ is going to cost?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
a trillion billion googlezillion pounds (i prefer my method breezer)

Sponsored Links
Hmmmmm.. thank you SO much, that is really helpful :cool:

I was actually asking how much the I could expect the hardware to be - in Sunny Old Essex... not really a difficult question one would think for a DIY Forum.

see item 9 and read the rules of the forum. not that difficult to do before posting, and certainly not that difficult to do before having a go.

cjb,

The answer to your question is - £138.00 for a 9.5 metre length.

Email me and I'll send you the link to the site where you can get the prices of steel.

You will probably better this price by using a local supplier.

ACE

The world is full of those that do and those that don't, the more the do'ers do for those the don't the more don'ters wont.

ace said:
cjb,

The answer to your question is - £138.00 for a 9.5 metre length.

Email me and I'll send you the link to the site where you can get the prices of steel.

You will probably better this price by using a local supplier.

ACE
Thank you very much, much appreciated - I just wanted to know how much cash to get out for my builder today - you were bang on, he wanted £140! thanks for your help :D

Shouldn't it be cheaper? You only want approximately 2.2 metre so you're left with 7.3 metre wastage :confused:

Eh? Ordering something without knowing the price upfront?
Definitely a don'ter.

Thank you guys, yup - ordering without knowing the price up front - oh my god, what a girlie disaster :eek: :D

FYI - I have a builder doing a knock through, it needs two 7'x4" steels which I have to pay for, they've arrived today and I've paid the delivery guy £140.00.

I have no idea if it's too much or if any will be left over, but I'm not that bothered - £140 now seems fine to me.

Oh dear, all this typing, I've broken a nail.

what you have said goes to show why we do not give prices

cjb said:
FYI - I have a builder doing a knock through, it needs two 7'x4" steels which I have to pay for, they've arrived today and I've paid the delivery guy £140.00.

that means they were £70 each, which makes the £140 you were told look silly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back