how much is a plumber

He put a new stat in and didn`t have his glasses on, it was dark, so not 100% sure. I know it sounds daft, but we took out the old one and wired it exactly the same as the new one, number for number.
When we changed the stat we never touched the junction box, we just re-wired it inside the stat.
Didn`t see any loose wires when i just checked.

Sponsored Links
He had it on 1 red, 2 black and 3 grey. I put it on 1 black, 2 red and 3 grey. Mine sounded better than his when i turned it on and off. I have now put it on your way. Nothing has tripped out. CH and HW is on, the boiler is on but it hasn`t fired up.

Sponsored Links
I put the CH on, reset the boiler and turned that up to 6, turned a couple of radiators up full blast. Now the boiler is doing nothing except the ON light. I was working this morning. Heating up, then overheating as it always does, then turns off.

Are you sure the fan has not seized,think that is the next light to boiler on? not read all the thread so sorry if that has already been checked.

well that has certainly narrowed it down abit then, and just as i was starting to get to know the in`s and out`s of the airing cupboard...

On to the boiler it is then. I was only servived in january, or so it says on the side of the boiler anyway. Well atleast i have a book on the boiler, so i`ll have to read that tomorrow.
Thank you so much for all of your help. I`m sure i`ll be back tomorrow, i`ll let you know how i get on. Happy haloween

no that not been checked.

it started with someone changing tank stat, then was not firing on hw but heating and the plumber told him his div-valve was faulty, changed that then it was overheating the today he had no hot water.

now we seem to have sorted the elecs buy he boiler is not fireing up
but tank stat pump and valve getting and sending sigs. etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back