How much is a typical boiler service these days ..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
.. in the London area?

I've been quoted around £75 per half hour which will likely drag out to a full hour at £150 and seems excessive... I don't want to offend any gas installers by not recognising their value, but it does feel like a lot of cost to take on if it's just going to be a once over... .. what sort of work is involved?... Is it more than just a visual check and a fiddle ?

Thank you for any help

Sponsored Links
I paid £65 for my boiler service by the independent installer that installed it a year ago. You could try searching the gas safe register for gas safe installers located nearest to you and get several quotes.

Depends on the boiler and whether parts are required...bit like asking for a service on a car...Fiat Panda or Ferrari, 1 year old or 10 years and never been touched.
More details req.

Sponsored Links
tell them to do one , charging for a service by the half hour who are they trying to kid

As @gas112 says you should avoid anyone quoting half hourly rates for a service, I never quote prices on here, but for a service I always tell my customers the service is £x + any parts required will be extra and I always point out any parts required explain why they need changed and give a quote before changing anything

As @gas112 says you should avoid anyone quoting half hourly rates for a service, I never quote prices on here, but for a service I always tell my customers the service is £x + any parts required will be extra and I always point out any parts required explain why they need changed and give a quote before changing anything

Ian. What would happen if say, you serviced a boiler and found parts needed replacing but the boiler was still under an extended warranty? Would the owner be able to claim under that warranty and if so, who would finish the service? Would the owner be able to reclaim the cost of work over and above the service or is having any extra work done during a service a general term of an extended warranty?

I have a Vaillant Ecotec plus 418 that’s a year old - I’ve just had mine serviced. I don’t have any problems with mine, it was just a general question. Mine came with a 7 year warranty as long as it’s serviced yearly. I was just wondering what the situation would be if I did have any problems found during the annual service.

Ian. What would happen if say, you serviced a boiler and found parts needed replacing but the boiler was still under an extended warranty? Would the owner be able to claim under that warranty and if so, who would finish the service? Would the owner be able to reclaim the cost of work over and above the service or is having any extra work done during a service a general term of an extended warranty?
Very valid question and I come across it more times now with the extended warranties on boilers, in order to keep the extended warranties valid the boiler has to be serviced every year and the service record completed, If I am servicing a boiler and come across something needing replaced, that is not a service item (seals gaskets etc are not covered obviously) I arrange a visit by the manufacturer to replace the part, I have a good relationship with a few manus that if I call a visit in they will agree for me to pick the part up on their account and fit it, and they pay for my extra time, others just arrange for their own engineers to call

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back