Plumber coming out to diagnose, fix and service boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

My warmworld boiler recently stopped producing any hot water and heat - no idea what the problem is as it runs OK as far as I can see (gas lit, doesn't sound odd, etc...).

My previous thread has more details about the issues:

//www.diynot.com/forums/plumbing/help-diagnose-boiler-issue-sounds-like-a-minor-problem.349605/

It's been over a week since it broke now and I've had one person out who couldn't fix it although he wasn't entirely qualified to service it so maybe wasn't the best person.

I've basically been running around and eventually found someone who is coming tomorrow.

They are not charging a call out fee. However, they are charging labour from the minute they arrive. This is £77 per half hour (effectively £154 an hour).

I just want the boiler fixed so I'm very reluctant to cancel and look around again, especially as I'm busy with work.

QUESTION:

When trying to diagnose the problem myself I removed the outer metal casing. This involved removing two parts which were simply unscrewing the screws.

Do you think I should do this ahead of the plumber coming, or let him start from the beginning?

Sponsored Links
When trying to diagnose the problem myself I removed the outer metal casing. This involved removing two parts which were simply unscrewing the screws.

?
Never mind the cost per 30 mins . you shouldn`t remove casings :eek:

Sponsored Links
I've found another company now.

They are much better, charging £89+vat call out.

Then £28 per half hour.

No repeat call out if they come back to fit the new part that was faulty.

My Company charge £89-64+Vat travel & Mileage charge including 1 hour on site
after the 1st hour we charge £28-09+vat per 30 mins - so very similar to the Company you have sourced! ;)

My Company charge £89-64+Vat travel & Mileage charge including 1 hour on site
after the 1st hour we charge £28-09+vat per 30 mins - so very similar to the Company you have sourced! ;)

how strange :LOL:

well at least you already have a heads up on the problem

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back