How much play sand would I need for 0.2 cubic metres?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon all! I haven't lurked around here for a while; hope you're all well.

I'm currently putting together a sand pit for my little one, out of a massive (and thoroughly cleaned) lorry tyre.

My question is, how much play sand will I need to fill it up? I've calculated the volume to be roughly 0.2 cubic metres.

Thanks!

I'm spray-painting it red, then going to paint white dots on it. I'll post pictures up if it comes out nice.

Catherine

Sponsored Links
My husband has "helpfully" pointed out that I've answered my own question. I meant to ask, more specifically, how many bags of 25kg sand will I need?

you'd probably need to use some formula using density of the sand to work it out.... why don't you simply 'picture' how many bags you could get in the tyre stood next to each other?

If when you fill it up, you're short, pop out and get a couple more. And if you find you have any bags over, if you're little 'un is anything like my three, they'll make sure the sand doesn't always stay in the tyre, and you'll probably need to 'top' it up at some point.

My husband has "helpfully" pointed out that I've answered my own question. I meant to ask, more specifically, how many bags of 25kg sand will I need?
It's an expensive way of doing it with bags depends how much you need, I found it was a lot cheaper buying it in bulk and delivered. Find out in your local area for a smaller delivery, below is 1 ton bag but I know you can get smaller delivery

http://www.onlinesand.co.uk/

Sponsored Links
Thanks very much for the advice; I've located a local company that can deliver it and I'll give them a try during the week.
It's all painted up now and looks fab.
Catherine

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back