how much should i charge for doing a power flush?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
how much should i charge for doing a power flush,an average?

Sponsored Links
How longs a piece of string?

It depends on your daily/hourly charge, number of rads, amount of chemical cleanser you use etc etc and what the local competition charge for a GOOD job.

I charge £350 + VAT for up to about 7-8 rads, over this about £20 / rad. All plus VAT

With all the carp installed round here the job normally entails replacing all the cheapo leaking rad valves. Then replacing the leaking pump ball valves, cleaning all the sludge out the FE tank, replacing the inards of the worn out zone valves, replacing the auto air vents and re-charging the expansion vessels on sealed systems.......and this is before the powerflush.

So it could be just a day rate (plus a bit to cover chemicals and powerflusher cost) to a couple of day rates.

Amazes me what some installers seem to charge and they don't even do the job properly. Powerflushing's easy, its all the other work required to get the system ready for it thats the PITA.

gas4you said:
I charge £350 + VAT for up to about 7-8 rads, over this about £20 / rad. All plus VAT

In that case switched on customers would add the odd extra rads to make it up to 9 @ £20 each to reduce the price to £180 !

Sponsored Links
Not quite Tony, thats £20 /rad on top of the standard flush price ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back