how much should i expect to be charged?

S

snadge

we are getting qoute for splash tiling in the kitchen, there are 4 boxes to go all way around, a total of 200 tiles..

what sort of price should i expect to pay?

thanks

Sponsored Links
That would really depend on a few things to be honest

1, whats the condition of your walls like

2, what type of tile be used

3, how many sockets / switches are there to cut around

4, are you only supplying the tiles

5, how good is your tiler

5, what area are you in, believe it or not i live in Gateshead in the tyne & wear area and can tell you that Some tilers will work for £100 days wage, others work for £150 days wage.

well this guy has qouted us £200 which i think is a bit much, to be honest i was expecting half that.

there are 4 sockets to cut around.. 200 tiles but they are the half size tiles - ceramic wall tile 200mmx100mm, walls are fine, just been plastered- I dunno if his qoute includes grout as i wasnt here , i think he took a lend of a vulnerable women,
like the joiner who qouted us £560 to install our worktop...i got done for £150

we are Blaydon Area so close to you

well this guy has qouted us £200 which i think is a bit much, to be honest i was expecting half that.

there are 4 sockets to cut around.. 200 tiles but they are the half size tiles - ceramic wall tile 200mmx100mm, walls are fine, just been plastered- I dunno if his qoute includes grout as i wasnt here , i think he took a lend of a vulnerable women,

I would tend to agree with you it seems expensive, adhesive, spacers, grout, tile trims, all supplied by him you should be looking at around £130- 150 max.
But then again as i said previously, some tilers work on £150 daily rate, not that that job will take a day to complete.

Have you actually gave him the job? do you know his name or trading name ?

Sponsored Links
200 mm x 100mm are you having them fixed brick bond pattern ?

You say the walls have just been plastered, how long ago, were they just skimmed?

I would tend to agree with you it seems expensive, adhesive, spacers, grout, tile trims, all supplied by him you should be looking at around £130- 150 max.
But then again as i said previously, some tilers work on £150 daily rate, not that that job will take a day to complete.

Have you actually gave him the job? do you know his name or trading name ?

no we havent gave him the job as far as im aware as she was gunna fone him to book him until I got the price out of her... he is BLAYDON TILES

200 mm x 100mm are you having them fixed brick bond pattern ?

You say the walls have just been plastered, how long ago, were they just skimmed?

STAGGERED you mean like brickwork? yeah i think so , the walls were plastered months ago and weve painted them since

its all way around the kitchen , amounting to about 4m x 0.5m and a bit under window which is about 2m x 0.3m

edit: and where the cooker is goes up to bottom of hood about 1ft x 1m

its all way around the kitchen , amounting to about 4m x 0.5m and a bit under window which is about 2m x 0.3m

edit: and where the cooker is goes up to bottom of hood about 1ft x 1m

Under the window only, or under the window, inside window reveals and on sill.

No tiling behind cooker, floor to cooker hood?

summit like that , blaydon tiling possibly, i cant find his card so she may have been in recently and possibly booked but i wont have any hesitation in cancelling today/tomoz if i get cheaper offer...

its about 4sq meters in total... like i say 4m x 0.5m all way around , a small bit above that under hood, above hob about 1m x 0.3m (if that).. and small bit under window about 2m x 0.3m - no sills , just under window along to boiler cupboard..thats it - she is out at the moment and dunno when she back in but i will double check but im 99% certain not sills cos she already painted em purple and left white were tiles are going..

its OAK worktop also , i dunno if that matters just thought i would throw it in, as it was expensive probs need to be more carefull? dunno just though mention it...

interested? hehe

i can upload a foto if you like?

heres some pics

http://i53.tinypic.com/192sfs.jpg
192sfs.jpg

http://i51.tinypic.com/21lmya9.jpg
21lmya9.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/e7jpuc.jpg
e7jpuc.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back