How much should I pay for stairs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've tried to get a few quotes on stairs.

Nothing too fancy ( i think), currently we have L shaped stairs which are very very narrow. Almost like attic stairs.

We would like to replace them with Standard stairs (in more of a U shaped), with Oak hand rail and spindles.

I have had a mixture of quotes from a couple of 1000 to £8000!!
I don't want anything too flash or chunky, and I think a lot of this you can buy in kit form from Richard Burridge and JeldWeden etc so I'm not sure why they are charging so much on Supply only.

Any ideas or price guides, or even someone who sells stairs online, would be really useful.

Thanks,

Alicia. :confused:

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo alicia

the costs depend on width plus total hight [risers]
total depth consruction,[going] quality of materials
type of materials[mdf pine oak ply ]ect
local costs [wages planning permision ect

good luck

big all

try stairplan www.stairplan.com speak to rob or Graham they're brilliant I use them all the time for my bespoke staircases I've just paid £1100 pounds for a stair that turns back on its self 180 degrees made all in pine with square newels and spindles.
A fully oak stair of the same design could cost 6-10 times that but with only oak spindles and handrails £8000 seems a bit steep

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back