Revamping stairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Currently stairs are fully boarded up with ply which I've now removed and looking to do something to make it modern but without spending too much.

The baserail is un-grooved, the handrail is grooved but it measures approx 27mm, which means 32mm spindles won't fit in :(

Options I can think of it to replace hand & base rail and put in new spidles, or somehow fill the groove in the handrail and go with glass panels. It just finding the panels at a reasonable cost

Anyone got any suggestions

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Why not post a photo, and options might be seen more clearly?
On the face of it, its a simple task to fit spindles to what you describe but best to see it first.

AAMOI: stay away from any kind of glass arrangements esp. a DIY glass installation - it will attract immediate attention from insurance, surveyors & BCO's.

Why not post a photo, and options might be seen more clearly?
On the face of it, its a simple task to fit spindles to what you describe but best to see it first.

AAMOI: stay away from any kind of glass arrangements esp. a DIY glass installation - it will attract immediate attention from insurance, surveyors & BCO's.

Thanks

I'll take a pic next time I'm there.

Would I just need to widen the groove to fit spindles?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back