How much space is needed behind a built in oven problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am having a problem with fitting a new built in oven as my Old Diplomat was was only 496mm depth. Width 596 Height 596.

The unit takes the width and height ok but it is not deep enough for the new oven that I have just got. On the wall behind the oven is a fuse box and I guess I need to leave enough space as not to touch it. I was thinking I could build up the front of the cupboard at the sides with wood, so that I can screw into it to hold oven in place. Not sure how safe that is though. It is poking out
by about 4 or 5 cm at the front. Hope someone can help me as I don't know what else to do. Thanks

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=3232578#3232578#ixzz3HYCncac6 :(

Sponsored Links
Confused:
Ok so you posted it in an old thread, but I assume you read that.
So the answers are pretty much the same.
You need what the manufacture states (there are exceptions), if you have a fuse box etc behind that will only be partially blocking then I wouldn't worry abouit it.
Or have I missed something.

Hi, The problem is that the new oven is overhanging the housing cabinet by about 4cm at the front of the oven. Is it safe to use like that or do I need to get an electrician in to look at it. It is also only going to be a few mm away from the fuse box that is behind it the way that it sits at the moment. It has a 3 pin plug so does not have to be hard wired in. Sorry if I am not making things clear.I've been trying to sort this out all day. :(

Hi, This is an Image of how the oven is overhanging the opening.

Hope you can see it clearly and thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Sponsored Links
Well it dosnt look very nice, but if its not going to topple out then it would be safe to use.
If you intend staying in the property for some time, I think it should be sorted, you could get an electrician in to give you a quote for moving the fuse box & then make a decision

Thank you very much for all your help. I will do as you said and hope that solves the problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back