How much to build frame and hang internal doors?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How much should it cost to build the frame for an internal door + hang the door? I need 4 doors done and I have all the materials.

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
you need a carpenter that is capable of doing some joinery or a joiner to make the frame and fit it or one of each, get prices off recommended craftsmen, what ever I say won't affect their the way they price the job.

just looking for a rough guide from anyone out there ... thought there might be some capenters/joiners on here...

Sponsored Links
a few factors here,what sort of doors,are these door lining kits or are they just planks of timber requiring the lining to be made?
how much packing out etc that may need to be done?
will architraves then need to be fitted?
what sort of ironmongery?

my prices for light weight internal doors inc latch/handle set are iro £35-£45 p/door.obviously it depends on the amount of doors etc.

used to be a guy who advertised in the friday ad in my local area,hanging doors from 15 quid.

i remember giving a quote for a few doors to someone who then decided to go with some who was stupidly cheap.about a month later rings me up to do the downstairs doors,when i looked at the upstairs ones they were terrible,gaps all round the latches,face plates/handles all scratched,hinges hammered into the frames/lining all the screws were stripped and large gaps round the door/linings.TOP MAN :rolleyes:

How much should it cost to build the frame for an internal door + hang the door? I need 4 doors done and I have all the materials.

Thanks,
Far too little info for even a guestimate, build frame? in what? new studwork? door linings? in what, new studwork? existing doorways? just hanging doors or fit door furniture? What type of door? cheap panel doors? solid hardwood? etc, etc.

Too many one trick ponies in the building trade they are a total disservice to the industry and leave a trail of crappy work behind them constantly gaining fresh ground because of their ridicule-sly low prices with no hope of a good job being done

its new stud wall that I have built (or am building) ... i did one door myself but took me better part of two days - so didn't think it was worth it ... got a quote for the other four and it is out there, so maybe it is worth it, but wanted to check (ballpark of course) what it normally costs

yes its the whole thing: frame, door jamb, architraves, hang doors, etc ... there is hole in the wall and it needs a door in it!

the doors i bought are solid internal doors from howdens

thanks all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back