How much to pay for installation of smoke detection system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to have interconnected (hard wired?) tamper proof smoke detectors on each floor on my 3 storey townhouse. I have received a quote for circo 500 gbp. Does this sounds fair to you? Any cheaper alternatives?

Sponsored Links
Firstly, Tamper proof?
Someone crawling on the ceiling?

Now for the serious bit.

Hardwired will require a fair bit of work, as the detectors have to be interlinked. I am assuming your renting this out. Even so if not, do it correctly.
You can have wireless all reporting to eachother when activated.

Go cheaper if you like. £4.99 specials from one of the sheds. What it boils down to is how much do you value your family ( or tenants).

As always I suggest you pay as much as you can for your protection.
And I say this hand on heart, having to evacuate a building once from 2 floors up. The smoke alarm DID save my life. Even so I spent 4 hours in intensive care.

Get 3 quotes. Thats the best advise.
Fair play for taking this avenue, some consider it a waste of money....................many will testify it was well worth spent.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back