Texecom 48 and smoke detector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I already have a Texecom 48 panel setup and working and am about to get and install my smoke detection system. I have searched the forum and the results dont quite match my questions.

1. Would you install a dedicated mains powered smoke alarm (3 smoke 1 heat) that links through a relay to a zone programmed as fire.

2. Install 3 AGB-0001 and 1 AGB-0003 for the kitchen into zones on an expander. ( does each detector give off a sound like the mains ones or is it only the panel that make the sound)?

3. What are the advantage disadvantage doing it either way?

4. If it was your house what would you or have you done?

Thanks as always

Sponsored Links
Absoloutely option one all the way.

Mains linked smoke alarms are a tried and tested and approved system. Smoke detectors connected to your burglar alarm are not.

Burglar alarms do not make a noise, you are relying on the panel speaker and the bell box (which does not ring continually on a fire activation)

Will this be loud enough to wake you from a deep sleep?

Honestly go with the proper smoke alarms. This is a system designed to save your life. Hopefully you'll never need to actually use it, but should you need to, you have to be 100% certain it's going to work.

I've got mains linked aico EI smoke alarms in my house, and the link carries on after the last alarm to a box in the loft with an aico relay module in it. This relay turns on the emergency lights, and sends a signal to the alarm panel, but I haven't bothered to actually programme the panel with the smoke alarm link as it doesn't really acheive much.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back