How much would capping a chimney cost?

Had a guy came round to take a look and the chimney pot lifted out of the chimney with ease, the pot had a 1cm gap all around it and that must be where the water is coming in. Revealing should help hopefully.

..and how much did he quote for the job, excluding the new pot?

Sponsored Links
To remove the pot (picture is like the one I've got), clean up, reseal and replace the pot, re-point the chimney breast where pointing has fallen out, re-point the full ridge caps (most are loose and have no pointing), re-point the bridge ridge caps and clean the guttering, £180. No idea if that's expensive but we had a storm today where rain pleased down the chimney badly so just need it doing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190730-222630_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190730-222630_Chrome.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 148
No idea if that's expensive but we had a storm today where rain pleased down the chimney badly so just need it doing.

For that list of work, it sounds quite reasonable and around what I suggested it would be for just the pot.

Sponsored Links
Last year I paid £80 for my two chimney pots re-flaunching on my single stack. Then later paid £90 for my ridge tiles to be all repointed, but suggested the owner of the other half of the semi might like their ridge done at the same time, which they agreed to.

Photo of my pot..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190731-064529_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20190731-064529_WhatsApp.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 160

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back