How much would it cost to fit a new shower tray & screen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm quite new to this site and before I get some quotes, do you know how much it would cost roughly to remove and fit a new shower tray and screens? The shower head and unit has been fixed to the wrong wall, so I'm thinking of relocating the shower head attachment to the exterior wall (to the left in the photo), but leaving the unit where it is to save costs.

This is the current manky shower and the shower tray is leaking around the plug hole:

897i9QU.jpg

I noticed that the shower tray is quite high, but I don't know why.

We're wondering if something like this could replace it:
http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/hydrolux-walk-in-shower-18622-28270

Sponsored Links
The reason it`s high is to get the waste pipe away - maybe it could be re routed and a neat tray like you linked to , fitted . Don`t know about £ though.

The walk in shower in the link is for a wet room, so no, it would not work in your situation as there is no door. 1200 x 800 cubicles can be bought from about £150.00 upwards depending on the quality.

As Nige says, a plinth is normally installed when it's not possible to route the waste pipe under the floor. It might be possible but the installer would need to have a look)

To remove and replace the shower base and screen I would put at about £300 (plus cost of base & screen).

It is likely that the bottom row of tiles will be damaged when removing the old base, so you would either need some more tiles or consider retiling the lot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back