How much would you charge for a bath

J

joeread

I'm looking to get my bath changed for a new one, its just s swap nothing else needs to be don, how much should I expect to get charged over all? Ill buythe bath its just the install? [/code]

Sponsored Links
I'm looking to get my bath changed for a new one, its just s swap nothing else needs to be don, how much should I expect to get charged over all? Ill buythe bath its just the install? [/code]

I did one recently and it took over three days in the end. But then I did have to replace the entire floor and three joists.

If you are lucky enough to get away with a swap and nothing else, I would charge £96.00 for labour. But that is Cumbria, I suspect you would be looking at a bit more.

Sponsored Links
A 'blind' quote maybe? :p
There's no such thing as a direct replacement - the drains won't match up, and neither will the taps unless they are on flexi's....
Then there's making good to the tiling, bath panel, shower screen.....the list goes on.
John :)

There's no such thing as a direct replacement - the drains won't match up, and neither will the taps unless they are on flexi's....
Then there's making good to the tiling, bath panel, shower screen.....the list goes on.

But that is not a like for like replacement is it?

There no such thing as a like for like change.
If you end up with the same why bother?
I'd do it for £100,000 and traveling expences, and real coffee.

But that is not a like for like replacement is it?

I agree with you completely mate, but when people suggest that it is 'old one out, identical new one in' I need to see for myself....never found one yet!

Surrey £200 - Sussex £150 - Cumbria £96 ;)

What's the stick for??

When the OP lets it be known locally of a job where he knows exactly what needs to be done, how long it will take, with goods supplied by himself, priced by a bunch of strangers on the web who haven't seen the job, the stick will be handy to beat off the the hordes of plumbers scrambling at the door.

Surrey £200 - Sussex £150 - Cumbria £96 ;)

I have done the odd plumbing only swaps for DIYers who thought they were OK with tiling, woodwork and everything else apart from the plumbing.

Its usually £35 to see whats involved and to cap off the supplies and disconnect the waste.

Then about £120 to level the bath and then connect up the new bath with the customer buying the new taps and waste.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back